Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Reflection #8

How have my Philosophy changed after taking this course? I have always known that is was important for me as an educator to be able to teach my students the skills they needed to be able to complete in this ever changing world. Now I am able to also learn from them and let them be able to be a part on their own educational process and to help them to be critical thinker. I can now share in their joy as they discover the power of their own abilities. I have became their biggest supporter, as well as the supporter of my co-teacher. I no longer have to be the center of attention, but I can now be the supporter as my student are learning just what they can do and help peer teach their co-peers. They are so busy working on their project and helping each other that it makes learning fun. I have invited other teacher to share in this process of sharing information in the classroom and what a different it make when the students feel that they are a part of the learning process. To share with you some of the things that are happen in my classroom 1. I have a student that I was told could not do any work I was at the board working with Mimio and he ask if he could help me with the lesson and I say yes, this student explained the whole assignment to the class, he was so proud as well as I was. This is just one example of what happen when you encourage and support your students. I no longer lecture my students instead I work with them and support, and motivate positive thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment