Saturday, February 26, 2011

Reflection #6: Can you hear me now?



I included this video because, today we are talking about sharing information online with our students and co-teachers this is the the way a lot of teachers think about technology in the class room.
Hearing is better than me trying to tell you or lecture you about the need of technology in the classroom.
When I started looking at this video, it remind me of my school, because must of my teacher feel that I have some can of magic in my classroom, due to the fact that some of my students never want to leave class. The one question I always ask my students is why are you doing so well in this class and are having problems in your other classes ? The answer is always the same, because I can see it, feel it, and hear it without anyone standing over my head lecturing me.
In this video not only can you hear it , but you can see it as well. One student knows the advantage of having computers  in class, while the other one don't and wonder why the other student has so many computer at her school for students to work on..
If we talk about  preparing our student to be 21st Century learner, we have to give them the tools to work with, therefore; what are we doing to do to prepare them for the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment